Sunday, March 18, 2018

27FEB218- Update on Research of Hollins Market

  • There are many aspects of my research that I would like to contribute to the AMST 422 class project. For example, the research I have conducted thus far with Black Cherry Puppet Theater and the interviews I had with the director, can prove to make a lasting relationship with the Baltimore community and foster future plans and projects. My idea would be to continue to interview these people in our assigned places and the surrounding Hollins Market area to find out more about the area and what makes it unique. I would like the opportunity to talk to people more to find out facts you can't find on the internet or in a book. I would also like the opportunity to interview as a group with areas of focus that seem to overlap in the project and be able to video the people we interview as well.
  • In order to do this, the place-based research must be specific and coherent. It must flow with the other group members which I believe requires us to get together a little more often than once a week. However, I feel the progress that myself and the rest of the class has made on their various research projects has laid the framework for our success and will allow the class to develop an innovative preservation project for the overlooked community of Hollins Market. Therefore, I feel very much excited for the opportunities coming up to continue this research and I believe there is much more learning to gain in the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment